Definition of anthropogenic in English:
(Chiefly of environmental pollution and pollutants) originating in human activity: anthropogenic emissions of sulphur dioxide
More example sentences
- Lakes are also excellent settings for studying the responses of ecosystems to natural and anthropogenic environmental change on human timescales.
- Of course, there are many well-known cases where pollution is caused by anthropogenic emissions of chemicals.
- While I would like to believe that there are pristine places on this planet where life has not been affected by anthropogenic activities, there are not.
- Example sentences
- Increasing evidence suggests that stratospheric ozone levels are decreasing because of the presence of anthropogenically derived chlorofluorocarbons in the upper atmosphere.
- However, it is unknown whether these are truly native populations or whether they are anthropogenically introduced populations that have become naturalized.
- This information will help us predict the responses of wild mammals to both natural and anthropogenically induced changes in plant secondary metabolites.
Definition of anthropogenic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan