Definition of anthropometry in English:
The scientific study of the measurements and proportions of the human body.
- Intrigued by the historically reported differences in anthropometry between the bronchitic and emphysematous patients, researchers performed studies to assess body composition in both COPD subtypes.
- Although we did not collect direct data for the assessment of bone lead mobilization during pregnancy, we observed 2 lines of evidence that indicated that bone lead may be mobilized and may have a negative impact in anthropometry at birth.
- Anthropometry still remains the conventional method for evaluating the nutritional profile of children.
- Example sentences
- These findings emphasize the added value and need for anthropometric assessment rather than simple weight, height, and BMI.
- By the 1860s, Harvard and other universities had begun to regularly collect anthropometric data on their male student populations, and in the 1890s comparable data began to be collected from the East Coast women's colleges as well.
- To obtain anthropometric measurements is uncomplicated, relatively inexpensive and the estimates contain small measurement errors and biases.
Definition of anthropometry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan