noun (plural anthuriums)
A tropical American plant which is widely grown for its ornamental foliage or brightly coloured flowering spathes.
- Genus Anthurium, family Araceae
More example sentences
- Similarly, other potted flowering plants, including anthuriums and bromeliads, are becoming important.
- The demand for flowering plants like orchids and anthuriums is higher during summer.
- There will also be special sections for anthuriums and orchids.
modern Latin, from Greek anthos 'flower' + oura 'tail'.
More definitions of anthuriumDefinition of anthurium in:
- The US English dictionary