Hostile to the interests of the United States.
More example sentences
- She said the anti-American sentiment was so strong that she felt it personally.
- He was sitting in front of five men, their faces masked, as one read an anti-American text.
- As a result, we need to expect that anti-American suicide terrorism is going to grow.
- More example sentences
- He had nurtured a culture of antimodernism and anti-Americanism, and had gotten away with it.
- It is tempting to call anti-Americanism a stereotype or a prejudice, but it is much more than that.
- Their response to anti-Americanism is to wall off America from its potential critics.
Definition of anti-American in:
- The US English dictionary