Definition of anti-American in English:
Hostile to the interests of the United States.
- She said the anti-American sentiment was so strong that she felt it personally.
- He was sitting in front of five men, their faces masked, as one read an anti-American text.
- As a result, we need to expect that anti-American suicide terrorism is going to grow.
- Example sentences
- He had nurtured a culture of antimodernism and anti-Americanism, and had gotten away with it.
- It is tempting to call anti-Americanism a stereotype or a prejudice, but it is much more than that.
- Their response to anti-Americanism is to wall off America from its potential critics.
Definition of anti-American in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India