Definition of anti-abortion in English:
Opposing or legislating against medically induced abortion.
- Legalizing abortion didn't make anti-abortion advocates accept it.
- Some anti-abortion groups believe that life begins at conception and prevention of implantation is murder.
- But this is an image used by the anti-abortion lobby and it generates heat in an emotive area.
- Example sentences
- Yet how many anti-abortionists advocate contraception to prevent a pregnancy rather than having an abortion?
- According to anti-abortionists, pregnancy is sacred and mustn't be tampered with, but many of their opponents have overlooked the wedge that this drives between a mother and her fetus.
- Many anti-abortionists claim that late-term abortion is unadulterated murder because the fetus could survive outside of the womb.
Pronunciation: /ˌantɪəˈbɔːʃənɪst/noun& adjective
Definition of anti-abortion in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan