adjectivechiefly North American
- Opposed to granting choice, especially the right to choose abortion.More example sentences
- Since the famous Roe v Wade Supreme Court decision in 1973, which recognised women's legal right to abortion, anti-choice campaigners have fought vigorously to outlaw the procedure.
- At the same time that prochoice advocates fight increased abortion restrictions, the anti-choice movement celebrates victory.
- Perhaps an overrepresentation of marrieds and born-agains helps explain the abortion responses, which are on the anti-choice end of the current spectrum of polls.
More definitions of anti-choiceDefinition of anti-choice in:
- The US English dictionary