- (Chiefly of a drug) preventing vomiting.More example sentences
- Progress has been made in the development of new anti-emetic drugs (emesis = vomiting), particularly the serotonin antagonists which are potent inhibitors of chemotherapy-induced vomiting.
- Meta-analysis has documented the value of psycho educational information in reducing hospital length of stay; medical complications; use of pain, anxiety, and anti-emetic medications; and productive time lost after discharge.
- She had been given anti-emetic medication before getting up, so the nurse gave her a cool cloth and sat holding her steady in a sitting, head-down position.
nounBack to top
- An anti-emetic drug.More example sentences
- Many anti-emetics are also sedatives, so it's advisable not to drive or use machinery after taking them.
- The doctors and nurses will provide you with a prescription for medicines to help control the nausea and vomiting called anti-emetics.
- A potential complication, dystonic reactions-oculogyric crisis, must be considered when prescribing anti-emetics.
More definitions of anti-emeticDefinition of anti-emetic in:
- The US English dictionary