- Opposed to feminism: the anti-feminist depiction of women as weak and unstable a conservative group that is anti-feminist, anti-choice, anti-gayMore example sentences
- The antifeminist movement is making concerted efforts to roll back women's rights across the board, and they seek to prevent women from defining their own roles within the family.
- Some resented the commercialism, while many women were furious at him for his antifeminist stance.
- More radical feminists, however, have attempted to show that the biblical traditions are thoroughly and irredeemably antifeminist.
nounBack to top
- A person opposed to feminism: he emerged as a racist and an anti-feministMore example sentences
- It is, I believe, largely sexual frustration that leads women into becoming anti-feminists.
- On several occasions, she was picketed, albeit by anti-feminists, and was rather proud of that accomplishment.
- Some of the worst anti-feminists I've ever known were women I worked for; and one of the most committed feminists was a man.
- More example sentences
- The general antifeminism of the culture she inhabited only further diminished women's status, even in the case of qualified nurses hoping to assist with the war effort by volunteering their expertise.
- We asked how cultural antifeminism came to constrain therapists' identities and, ultimately, their functioning as therapists.
- Anti-feminism was intertwined with elitism and racism.