noun (plural anti-heroes)
- A central character in a story, film, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes: with the age of the anti-hero, baddies and goodies became less distinguishable from one anotherMore example sentences
- The real surprise was that the eponymous anti-hero isn't the central character.
- Unlike the raddled anti-heroes who dominate detective drama, Eddie lives harmoniously with his wife, mother and three daughters; harmoniously, that is, until a handsome stranger turns up on his doorstep claiming to be his son.
- Rather, his heroes are angst-ridden anti-heroes, his stories those of alienated men who unexpectedly find themselves with blood of their own, and others, on their hands.
More definitions of anti-heroDefinition of anti-hero in:
- The US English dictionary