(Of a drug) used to prevent infection.
- Hence, we concluded that unless studies give much more extreme relative risks, randomised trials of anti-infective interventions may be needed to help determine causality.
- Contact dermatitis in the ear canal can result from almost any local irritant, including topical anti-infective agents and anesthetics and other topical preparations.
- Going back over the data sets, he says that the sample set is skewed by the inclusion of an inappropriately large group of anti-infective compounds with poor properties.
An anti-infective drug.
- Almost all sulfonamides are anti-infectives.
- After unsuccessful trials of hyperbaric oxygen, immunosuppressive therapy, anti-infectives, and surgical debridement with occlusive dressings, below-the-knee amputation was recommended.
- The importance of target mutation in the development of new anti-infectives is illustrated by the most recent addition to the antibiotic arsenal, the oxazolidinones.
Definition of anti-infective in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.