- A substance (such as tetraethyl lead) added to petrol to inhibit pre-ignition: [as modifier]: anti-knock additivesMore example sentences
- The single most important human exposure to lead was lead aerosol, formed by combustion of lead anti-knock additives in petrol, he said.
- It focuses on efforts to cover up the health risks associated with lead in paints and ‘anti-knock’ gasoline and the vinyl chloride used in many plastics.
- One commonly used application is in the production of anti-knock gasoline.
More definitions of anti-knockDefinition of anti-knock in:
- The US English dictionary