Definition of anti-noise in English:
Promoting the suppression or reduction of noise: anti-noise regulations
More example sentences
- They are also visiting two local schools to promote the anti-noise pollution message and to discuss with pupils how problems can be prevented.
- Forms of peddling would change and evolve, but street selling remained part of the urban economic, social and cultural fabric in urban America well after the wave of anti-noise regulation discussed here.
- While not necessarily explicit advocates of anti-noise regulation, the writings of these individuals exemplified the martialing of the senses to describe the urban populace.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
Sound generated for the purpose of reducing noise by interference.
- If the crowd were silent before seeing Ploppycack 7, now it is so quiet that they seem to be producing anti-noise.
- The active muffler is a speaker cabinet which is concentric to the exhaust pipe and outputs the anti-noise in a ring around the end of the exhaust.
- And flat-panel speakers that produce anti-noise have been fitted to fighter plane cockpits to make them more comfortable for pilots.
Definition of anti-noise in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia