Definition of antidepressant in English:
(Chiefly of a drug) used to alleviate depression.
- The review of the evidence highlights associations between the severity of depression and response to antidepressant medication.
- A common issue in the treatment of patients with depression is compliance with antidepressant drug regimens.
- Treatment of individuals suffering from depression using antidepressant medications appears to be on the rise.
nounBack to top
An antidepressant drug.
- The most commonly used drugs are antidepressants, mood stabilizers and antipsychotics.
- The treatment drugs of choice are anticonvulsants and tricyclic antidepressants.
- Further relief of symptoms may be achieved with tricyclic antidepressants and anticonvulsants.
Definition of antidepressant in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan