- (Chiefly of a drug) used to alleviate depression.More example sentences
- The review of the evidence highlights associations between the severity of depression and response to antidepressant medication.
- A common issue in the treatment of patients with depression is compliance with antidepressant drug regimens.
- Treatment of individuals suffering from depression using antidepressant medications appears to be on the rise.
nounBack to top
- An antidepressant drug.More example sentences
- The most commonly used drugs are antidepressants, mood stabilizers and antipsychotics.
- The treatment drugs of choice are anticonvulsants and tricyclic antidepressants.
- Further relief of symptoms may be achieved with tricyclic antidepressants and anticonvulsants.
More definitions of antidepressantDefinition of antidepressant in:
- The US English dictionary