- (Of a drug) used to alleviate diarrhoea.More example sentences
- The only common consequence of removing the gall bladder is an increase in stool frequency, which is clinically important in less than 5% of patients and responds well to standard antidiarrhoeal drugs when necessary.
- Effective antidiarrhoeal drugs such as loperamide and diphenoxylate can be used when necessary.
- Once other causes have been excluded, symptomatic treatment can include antipyretics, antidiarrhoeal agents and if all else fails, steroids.
nounBack to top
- An antidiarrhoeal drug.More example sentences
- Occasionally, antidiarrhoeals such as codeine phosphate or loperamide may be required.
- Standard treatments for lower bowel symptoms include dietary fibre, laxatives, antispasmodic agents, and antidiarrhoeals.
- At the hospital we currently have good stocks of vitamins, antidiarrhoeals, haematinics, and antifungals.
More definitions of antidiarrhoealDefinition of antidiarrhoeal in:
- The US English dictionary