- A liquid, typically one based on ethylene glycol, which can be added to water to lower the freezing point, chiefly used in the radiator of a motor vehicle: most breakdowns were due to people forgetting to put antifreeze in their radiators [count noun]: formulating antifreezes and de-icers for railways is no easy jobMore example sentences
- Ironically, the freezing point of straight antifreeze is lower than antifreeze and water.
- Are your headlights clean and plenty of water with antifreeze in your washer bottle?
- Use the time to go get a jug of water or antifreeze.
More definitions of antifreezeDefinition of antifreeze in:
- The US English dictionary