- A drug or other compound that inhibits the physiological effects of histamine, used especially in the treatment of allergies: [as modifier]: an antihistamine injectionMore example sentences
- Hay fever or some old fashioned antihistamine treatments with side effect drowsiness can generally impede your life style.
- Your doctor might have you use antihistamine pills, a steroid cream, calamine lotion, or zinc oxide cream.
- If this is not helpful, your doctor may prescribe stronger steroids or antihistamine pills.
More definitions of antihistamineDefinition of antihistamine in:
- The US English dictionary