Definition of antimalarial in English:
(Of a drug) used to prevent malaria.
- Improving adherence to use of antimosquito measures and antimalarial medications could prevent many cases of malaria.
- It also identifies areas in which malaria is not prevalent to prevent unnecessary use of antimalarial medications.
- Fourthly, the health facility was assessed for availability of antimalarial drugs and malaria treatment wall charts.
nounBack to top
An antimalarial drug.
- Eleven species were used as antimalarials or antipyretics in all three tropical continents, and 47 species were similarly used in two continents.
- It can be controlled with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antimalarials, steroids and immunosupressants.
- Most of these lives would be saved by increased use of simple curative interventions, such as antimalarials and antibiotics combating dysentery and pneumonia.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India