noun[mass noun] Physics
- Matter consisting of elementary particles which are the antiparticles of those making up normal matter.More example sentences
- In the enormous densities of the early moments of the Big Bang the result would have been a catastrophic annihilation of matter and antimatter into radiation.
- There is both matter (such as electrons) and oppositely charged antimatter (such as positrons).
- Paul Dirac predicted the existence of antimatter with his relativistic wave equation in 1928.
More definitions of antimatterDefinition of antimatter in:
- The US English dictionary