- A subatomic particle having the same mass as a given particle but opposite electric or magnetic properties. Every kind of subatomic particle has a corresponding antiparticle, e.g. the positron has the same mass as the electron but an equal and opposite charge.More example sentences
- Positively charged beta particles, the antiparticle of electrons, are called positrons.
- Some neutral particles such as photons are their own antiparticles, while others like neutrons have antiparticles with opposite magnetic moments.
- Note that subatomic particles sometimes have antiparticles, with opposite charge and spin, that are the same ones going backwards in time.
More definitions of antiparticleDefinition of antiparticle in:
- The US English dictionary