noun (plural antipasti /-ti/)
- (In Italian cookery) an hors d’oeuvre.More example sentences
- On Saturday evening there was a banquet with antipasti, sausage, pasta, prosciutto, cheese, salad, dessert, and lots of wine.
- Even before it served its first antipasto, this reservations-free Italian joint had perfected the fundamentals of the BYOB genre.
- We had cocktails in the Eagle first then wine and antipasti in a cosy Italian cucina near Sadlers.
Italian, from anti- 'before' + pasto (from Latin pastus 'food').
More definitions of antipastoDefinition of antipasto in:
- The US English dictionary