Definition of antipathy in English:
noun (plural antipathies)[mass noun]
A deep-seated feeling of aversion: his fundamental antipathy to capitalism
More example sentences
- In my view, his condition will persist while he remains in conflict with the Force as his antipathy is now so deep-seated and consuming.
- As is customary, much was made of the mutual antipathy between the two fighters in the run-up to the contest.
- Whatever the accuracy of those perceptions, the mutual antipathy is unspoken, but pervasive.
- Example sentences
- The character of Michael Moran is at the same time antipathic and yet awakening pity.
- I will oppose all people whose ideals are violently antipathic to mine.
- He is understandably gynephobic, with an aversion for young women powered by an antipathic neurological response.