Definition of antipathy in English:
noun (plural antipathies)[mass noun]
A deep-seated feeling of aversion: his fundamental antipathy to capitalism
More example sentences
- In my view, his condition will persist while he remains in conflict with the Force as his antipathy is now so deep-seated and consuming.
- As is customary, much was made of the mutual antipathy between the two fighters in the run-up to the contest.
- Whatever the accuracy of those perceptions, the mutual antipathy is unspoken, but pervasive.
- Example sentences
- The character of Michael Moran is at the same time antipathic and yet awakening pity.
- I will oppose all people whose ideals are violently antipathic to mine.
- He is understandably gynephobic, with an aversion for young women powered by an antipathic neurological response.
Words that rhyme with antipathysympathy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.