- (Chiefly of a drug) used to relieve itching.More example sentences
- When a robust take is suspected, management includes observation, patient education, and supportive care that includes resting the affected limb and using oral nonaspirin analgesic medications and oral antipruritic agents.
- The patient was treated with topical clobetasol cream and antipruritic agents, and the eruption resolved without sequelae within approximately 7 days after onset.
- Clinical trials of new antipruritic agents are in progress.
nounBack to top
- An antipruritic drug.More example sentences
- Ointments or creams are applied to reduce infection and antipruritics can also be used to reduce irritation
- In a few persons, pruritis persisted several days; those patients were treated with antipruritics.
- This has been completed and two drugs, nalmefene and ketorolac have been studied as antipruritics.
More definitions of antipruriticDefinition of antipruritic in:
- The US English dictionary