Definition of antipruritic in English:
(Chiefly of a drug) used to relieve itching.
- When a robust take is suspected, management includes observation, patient education, and supportive care that includes resting the affected limb and using oral nonaspirin analgesic medications and oral antipruritic agents.
- The patient was treated with topical clobetasol cream and antipruritic agents, and the eruption resolved without sequelae within approximately 7 days after onset.
- Clinical trials of new antipruritic agents are in progress.
nounBack to top
An antipruritic drug.
- Ointments or creams are applied to reduce infection and antipruritics can also be used to reduce irritation
- In a few persons, pruritis persisted several days; those patients were treated with antipruritics.
- This has been completed and two drugs, nalmefene and ketorolac have been studied as antipruritics.
Definition of antipruritic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan