Definition of antipyretic in English:
(Chiefly of a drug) used to prevent or reduce fever.
- The infection resolves spontaneously in 7-14 days, during which antipyretic analgesics such as paracetamol and adequate hydration are helpful.
- A response to antipyretic medication does not change the likelihood of a child having serious bacterial infection and should not be used for clinical decision-making.
- The second question involves whether a response to antipyretic medication is associated with a lower likelihood of serious bacterial infection in young children.
nounBack to top
An antipyretic drug.
- Finally, the physician should actively manage symptoms with analgesics, antipyretics and decongestants, where appropriate.
- Routine prophylaxis using phenobarbital, valproic acid, oral diazepam, or antipyretics is controversial and not indicated.
- Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are the most frequently used over-the-counter analgesics and antipyretics in children.
Definition of antipyretic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan