- The antiparticle of a quark.More example sentences
- The proton consists of three quarks, two up and one down, living in a complicated soup of dynamical quarks, antiquarks and gluons, which have ‘colour’ charges.
- A single quark will be surrounded by a sea of continuously appearing and annihilating virtual pairs of quarks and antiquarks, and virtual pairs of gluons and antigluons.
- Kaons and pions are examples of particles known as mesons, which contain a quark and an antiquark.
More definitions of antiquarkDefinition of antiquark in:
- The US English dictionary