- Denoting or relating to a class of drugs which inhibit the activity of retroviruses such as HIV.More example sentences
- Three classes of antiretroviral drugs are currently used in combination for the treatment of HIV infection, which target the activity of two viral enzymes.
- There are three main classes of antiretroviral drug.
- Long term probability of detection of HIV - 1 drug resistance after starting antiretroviral therapy in routine clinical practice.
nounBack to top
- An antiretroviral drug.More example sentences
- Prescriptions were written for a variety of antiretrovirals, antibiotics, antidepressants, and appetite enhancers.
- The standard procedure and test for quality specification of antituberculosis drugs, antiretrovirals and antimalarials have been incorporated.
- The plan is to ease the WTO's rules on patents so that drugs such as antiretrovirals for combating HIV infection and AIDS could be produced to meet urgent public health needs in the world's poorer countries.
More definitions of antiretroviralDefinition of antiretroviral in:
- The US English dictionary