noun (plural antirrhinums)
- A plant of a genus that includes the snapdragon.
More example sentences
- Genus Antirrhinum, family Scrophulariaceae
- These include busy lizzie, verbena, lobelia and antirrhinum, all of which need warmth to germinate, 15-18'C / 60-65'F, and will need to be potted up and grown on before planting out at the end of May.
- There's Tutti Frutti, a new lupin with bicoloured flower spikes, Tequila Sunrise, a bronze foliaged antirrhinum, and Creme Brulee, a new phlox, all from Thompson and Morgan.
- The weather has been kind so far with warm days and reasonably mild nights, so even the annuals such as antirrhinum and impatiens are managing to stay fresh and full of buds and blooms.
from Latin, from Greek antirrhinon, from anti- 'counterfeiting' + rhis, rhin- 'nose', from the resemblance of the flower to an animal's snout.
More definitions of antirrhinumDefinition of antirrhinum in:
- The US English dictionary