- The practice of using antiseptics to eliminate the microorganisms that cause disease. Compare with asepsis.More example sentences
- The overwhelming message was the need to teach and practice familiar prevention strategies, including asepsis, antisepsis, adjunctive measures, and appropriate antibiotic prophylaxis.
- The most important progress in the surgical management of patients during the past 100 years has resulted from non-operative components of surgical care: anaesthesia, antisepsis, and asepsis.
- The Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee provides an in-depth review and guideline for hand antisepsis in healthcare settings.
More definitions of antisepsisDefinition of antisepsis in:
- The US English dictionary