adjectiveMathematics & Physics
- Unaltered in magnitude but changed in sign by exchange of two variables or by a particular symmetry operation.More example sentences
- That is to say, the wavefunction is antisymmetric under exchange of two particles.
- The antisymmetric tensor field carries a force that is difficult to describe in this short space.
- For instance, the force between two quarks is attractive when both the colours and the spins of each quark are different, or (more precisely) antisymmetric.
More definitions of antisymmetricDefinition of antisymmetric in:
- The US English dictionary