(also antitrade winds)
- Steady winds that blow in the opposite direction to and overlie the trade winds.More example sentences
- The British Isles lie at the convergence zone between the warm southwest antitrades and the cold polar easterlies.
- These belts are the doldrums, the trades and antitrades, the horse latitudes, the westerlies, and the polar winds
- As air is sucked towards the equator on the trade winds and rises, it loses its moisture as rainfall before moving back towards the poles on the antitrade winds.
More definitions of antitradesDefinition of antitrades in:
- The US English dictionary