- 1Except for: the whole world seemed to be sleeping, apart from BarbaraMore example sentences
- It went quite well, apart from the bit at the beginning where they didn't switch on my microphone.
- According to these diagnoses the patient seems quite normal apart from having mad ideas.
- The attack was not severe, and he was quite well apart from the slight cough and a runny nose.
- 2In addition to; as well as: quite apart from all the work, he had such financial problemsMore example sentences
- Quite apart from the aforementioned lovely inhabitants, the city itself is great.
- The fried rice was covered in too much oil for my taste and apart from that it was quite boring.
- For it is scientific fact that women are different, quite apart from the obvious.
More definitions of apart fromDefinition of apart from in:
- The US English dictionary