noun[mass noun] Photography
- A system used in some automatic cameras in which the aperture is selected by the user and the appropriate shutter speed is controlled automatically. Compare with shutter priority.More example sentences
- You can select automatic exposure or aperture priority, as well as auto or manual focus - a rare freedom among pocket cams.
- I did the trail, then went out with the camera to take pictures of the Docklands buildings and practice switching between shutter priority and aperture priority so I could better understand the difference each setting made.
- A control dial that is positioned to fall under the right index finger when using the camera can be pressed to select, say, aperture priority and turning the same dial adjusts the value to that required.
More definitions of aperture priorityDefinition of aperture priority in:
- The US English dictionary