Definition of aplanat in English:
A reflecting or refracting surface which is free from spherical aberration.
- When viewing resolution is less critical, the aplanats offer an economical alternative.
- We do not know what led him to this highly successful design, but it may have been an assembly of two Grubb-type landscape aplanats about a central stop.
- All six lenses are fully corrected aplanats, so they can be mixed and matched in a focusing or non-focusing configuration to obtain the desired magnification.
- Example sentences
- The results indicates that the aplanatic hologram lenses are feasible for optical disk applications.
- These locations for which spherical correction has been optimized are called the aplanatic points.
- We can apply the same reasoning to rods and transformation of cylindrical diverging wavefront using aplanatic points of the rods.
Definition of aplanat in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan