noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Deficiency of all types of blood cell caused by failure of bone marrow development.More example sentences
- Bone marrow transplantation may be considered in some cases of sickle cell anemia, thalassemia, and aplastic anemia.
- When she developed aplastic anaemia, her bone marrow failed so she could not produce the vital blood cells that fight infection and deliver oxygen around the body.
- She has been fighting against the debilitating illness aplastic anaemia since she was diagnosed with the condition in the summer of 2000.
More definitions of aplastic anaemiaDefinition of aplastic anaemia in:
- The US English dictionary