- A moral fable, especially one with animals as characters.More example sentences
- An Arthurian element surfaces in later genres of literature such as stories or apologues in bardic verse, ballads and oral tales, and even genealogies.
- Sandrart's story of Caravaggio's death is easily interpreted as an apologue rather than as biography because there is so little ground to confuse moral and factual truths.
- The most ancient poets graced their productions with apologues.
mid 16th century: from French, via Latin from Greek apologos 'story'.
More definitions of apologueDefinition of apologue in:
- The US English dictionary