- A mineral occurring typically as white glassy prisms, usually as a secondary mineral in volcanic rocks. It is a hydrated silicate and fluoride of calcium and potassium.More example sentences
- Most of the cavities are filled or lined with crystalline formations of various zeolites, such as stilbite, scolecite, and heulandite, plus calcite and apophyllite; these minerals typically occur in combination with each other.
- True, but names such as apatite, apophyllite, chlorite, serpentine, and tantalite are very common names that appear frequently in the world of a beginning collector, so their absence from references can only lead to frustration.
- How about apatite, apophyllite, axinite, chlorite, hypersthene, scapolite, serpentine, tantalite, and wolframite?
More definitions of apophylliteDefinition of apophyllite in:
- The US English dictionary