- Renounce a religious or political belief or principle: the property of wealthy Christians was liable to confiscation unless they apostatizedMore example sentences
- The only way to show your opposition is to officially apostatize in writing.
- For clues in his text suggest some of them have apostatized because they too have experienced persecution and even in some cases death, for the sake of the gospel.
- The East Saxons soon apostatized and expelled their bishop.
mid 16th century: from medieval Latin apostatizare, from apostata (see apostate).
More definitions of apostatizeDefinition of apostatize in:
- The US English dictionary