- Elevate to, or as if to, the rank of a god; idolize: we had the feeling that Roosevelt had not so much died as been apotheosizedMore example sentences
- The completion of these labors guaranteed his immortality; he was apotheosized at the time of his death and is the only mortal to be honored in this fashion.
- Whether they are to be apotheosized as ‘emerging democracies’ or demonized as ‘rogue states’ depends, in the final analysis, on where they fit in the unfolding strategic plans of world imperialism.’
- While in the gay male culture, youth and beauty are apotheosized (granted, to an extreme), in the ‘lesbian community’ they are often resented and denigrated.
More definitions of apotheosizeDefinition of apotheosize in:
- The US English dictionary