Definition of apperception in English:
noun[mass noun] Psychology , dated
The mental process by which a person makes sense of an idea by assimilating it to the body of ideas he or she already possesses.
- Where people differ is in the way that each of them typically makes use of the equipment; and this typical mode of apperception and responsiveness is what is meant in psychology by their type.
- This could throw additional light upon the unconscious psychodynamic processes governing the perception and apperception, both sensory and extrasensory, of potentially threatening stimuli.
- From seashore strands to moors and mountains, from sand specks and protozoa to all-embracing panoramas, knowing and feeling were conjoined, not conflicting, modes of apperception.
- Example sentences
- A common symptom of apperceptive visual agnosia is prosopagnosia, the inability to recognize faces.
- There is a further analogy in how you incorporate what you learn into your entire apperceptive mass.
- In fact, the distinction between apperceptive and associative agnosia has several limitations.
Definition of apperception in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India