Definition of appetency in English:
noun (plural appetencies)rare
1A longing or desire.
- But he erroneously confounds appetency and volition together as the same functions of one power.
- Additionally, unaltered sexual appetence following orgasm was accompanied by unchanged concentrations of plasma prolactin in the case subject.
- So the presence of any object could be no inducement to sin, were there not a constitutional appetency or craving for sin.
1.1A natural tendency or affinity.
- Rather phylogenetically, he proceeds from a survey of sensory modalities to mental powers of perception, intelligence, appetence, emotion, habit and instinct, ending with a general discussion of mental evolution.
- The company is distinguished by their quality, design and innovation, by offering in the market not only product, but also concepts, creating appetencies in the consumer.
- The human mind has a natural appetency for truth.
Definition of appetency in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.