- Characterized by a natural desire to satisfy bodily needs: the appetitive behaviour of animalsMore example sentences
- In reiteration of the second Noble Truth, Buddhism teaches that this is where the mechanism of the karmic process lies: in one's appetitive cravings and desires, one's intentional state of mind.
- It is part of the mode of presentation characteristic of appetitive desire that the prospective action or experience one thinks of under an evaluative category should tend to dominate one's conscious experience.
- The greatest good, the genuine good, is not the sum of appetitive desires.
mid 16th century: from French appétitif or medieval Latin appetitivus, from appetire 'seek after' (see appetite).
More definitions of appetitiveDefinition of appetitive in:
- The US English dictionary