Definition of applicable in English:
Relevant or appropriate: the same considerations are equally applicable to accident claims
More example sentences
- Thus the principle is applicable to any relevant amendment whatever its cause.
- There is little room for dispute between the parties over the principles of law applicable to a claim such as this.
- This fact is applicable to all strata of society, but is more visible in the lower sections.
relevant, appropriate, pertinent, apposite, germane, material, felicitous, significant, related, connected;
fitting, suitable, apt, befitting, to the point, to the purpose, useful, helpful, of use
formal ad rem, appurtenant
- applicably adverb
- Example sentences
- It is also necessary to take a close look at the experience of other States as well, which are far advanced in reforming their armies applicably to missions to be tackled in local wars and armed conflicts.
- Each state selectable by the input variables in control unit 11 is applicably assigned an identifier.
- Like her, Lisa is easily and applicably described as a singer's singer, though she has begun to work on her own compositions as well.
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'compliant'): from Old French, or from medieval Latin applicabilis, from the verb applicare (see apply).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.