Definition of apsidal in English:
1 Architecture In the form of or resembling an apse.
- It is in the typical English perpendicular style, being square-ended, not the semi-circular apsidal ends as favoured on the continent.
- The apsidal hall has a small tower over its end to give the appearance of height.
- He also rounded the projecting east wing, giving it an apsidal configuration.
2 Astronomy Relating to an apsis.
- The angle through which the radius vector rotates in going between two consecutive apsides is called the apsidal angle.
- Apsidal motion is one of the classical diagnostics of stellar structure.
- Thus, if at an apse the direction of velocity is reversed, it will trace a symmetrical orbit on the other side of the apsidal distance.
Words that rhyme with apsidalpyramidal
Definition of apsidal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.