Definition of apsidal in English:
1 Architecture In the form of or resembling an apse.
- It is in the typical English perpendicular style, being square-ended, not the semi-circular apsidal ends as favoured on the continent.
- The apsidal hall has a small tower over its end to give the appearance of height.
- He also rounded the projecting east wing, giving it an apsidal configuration.
2 Astronomy Relating to an apsis.
- The angle through which the radius vector rotates in going between two consecutive apsides is called the apsidal angle.
- Apsidal motion is one of the classical diagnostics of stellar structure.
- Thus, if at an apse the direction of velocity is reversed, it will trace a symmetrical orbit on the other side of the apsidal distance.
Words that rhyme with apsidalpyramidal
Definition of apsidal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia