- 1A precious stone consisting of a light bluish-green variety of beryl: a small boy with eyes the colour of aquamarines [as modifier]: a square-cut aquamarine pendantMore example sentences
- Again, it is assumed that readers know aquamarine is beryl, amethyst is quartz, and Iceland spar is calcite but cannot grapple with the complexity of remembering that spessartine and grossular are garnets.
- The other gems include aquamarines, beryl and moonstones, which are designed to suit one's personality.
- Smoky quartz, topaz, and microcline variety amazonite from the Pikes Peak Granite and beryl variety aquamarine from Mount Antero are well-known Colorado gemstones from pegmatites.
- 1.1A light bluish-green colour: [as modifier]: the aquamarine waterMore example sentences
- The aquamarine colour of the water glowed from the pools lights and reflected on the walls, making it the only source of light in the room.
- With a few sips you can see the aquamarine waters, feel the gentle breeze, and start swaying like a palm frond.
- Our last stop is a spot called Emerald Cave, where the sun's rays don't reach the water, but the water glows a vivid aquamarine, as if lit from below.
early 18th century: from Latin aqua marina 'seawater'.
More definitions of aquamarineDefinition of aquamarine in:
- The US English dictionary