- A person who swims under water using an aqualung.More example sentences
- Among the competitors were many of the world's best pool distance swimmers and the planet's premier open water aquanauts.
- For about $10,000 a day, aquanauts have access to the habitat - and the ocean - with all the comforts of home: six bunks, a shower, instant hot water, a microwave, a refrigerator, air conditioning and computers.
- In calm waters, near a reef off New Providence Island, instructors teach novice aquanauts how to mount the SUB and then guide them into 15 feet of clear ocean to motor past coral reefs and brightly colored tropical fish.
late 19th century: from Latin aqua 'water' + Greek nautēs 'sailor'.
More definitions of aquanautDefinition of aquanaut in:
- The US English dictionary