- An alcoholic spirit made from potatoes or other starchy plants.More example sentences
- This book even shows the origins of aqua vitae, akvavit and usquebaugh, all very important substances today!
- And to aid in digesting such a delicious and complex meal, Sweden's famous spiced vodka, aquavit, is always the perfect finish.
- If your smoked salmon appetizer is a popular dinner order, try offering it with a small shot of chilled aquavit or vodka.
late 19th century: from Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish akvavit (see aqua vitae).
More definitions of aquavitDefinition of aquavit in:
- The US English dictionary