- 1Of or containing water: an aqueous solution of potassium permanganateMore example sentences
- It consists of isopropyl alcohol in aqueous solution at two different dilutions.
- In this process the ether is shaken with an organic solute in aqueous solution.
- This is carried out using an aqueous solution of hydrogen iodide reacting in the presence of red phosphorus.
- 1.1Like water; watery: an eerie, aqueous lightMore example sentences
- After two dogged weeks I've finally given up, switching to much lighter aqueous cream instead.
- The effect is to dissolve his body in an aqueous medium of time and light.
- Although the invention has been more particularly described with reference to cakes or sticks, it goes without saying that it is also applicable to any other solid form employed in cosmetics, such as for example, pencils having an aqueous appearance.
mid 17th century: from medieval Latin aqueus, from Latin aqua 'water'.
More definitions of aqueousDefinition of aqueous in:
- The US English dictionary