- A low-growing herbaceous plant which typically bears white or pink flowers, frequently grown in rock gardens. Also called rock cress or wall cress.
More example sentences
- Genus Arabis, family Cruciferae
- Clip back aubretias, arabis and perennial candytufts when they have finished flowering.
- Items stolen have included potentilla bushes, arabis and fuchsias.
- Both are but a few inches high, and are pretty planted in spreading patches about the drifts of snowy Arabis in bloom at the same time.
via medieval Latin from Greek, feminine of Araps, Arab- (see Arabic).
More definitions of arabisDefinition of arabis in:
- The US English dictionary