A low-growing herbaceous plant which typically bears white or pink flowers, frequently grown in rock gardens. Also called rock cress or wall cress.
- Genus Arabis, family Cruciferae
More example sentences
- Clip back aubretias, arabis and perennial candytufts when they have finished flowering.
- Items stolen have included potentilla bushes, arabis and fuchsias.
- Both are but a few inches high, and are pretty planted in spreading patches about the drifts of snowy Arabis in bloom at the same time.
Definition of arabis in:
- The US English dictionary