(also araçari /-ˈsɑːri/)
noun (plural aracaris)
A small toucan with a serrated bill, and typically with a green back and wings, yellow underside, and red rump.
- Genus Pteroglossus, family Ramphastidae: several species
More example sentences
- And you could not help but notice the birds - toucanetes, oropendulas, parakeets, aracaris, hummingbirds
- They are classified in the same genealogical family as the toucanet - a smaller version of the toucan - and the aracari - which has a differently shaped beak, and is smaller than the toucan.
- The seller in the photo is peddling collared aracaris to passersby.
early 19th century: via Portuguese from Tupi arasa'ri.
Definition of aracari in:
- The US English dictionary