Definition of arachnoid in English:
Like a spider or arachnid: intelligent arachnoid killing machines
More example sentences
- Watching the erstwhile nerd get used to his muscular new body and powers - accidentally firing off webs and finding things sticking to his arachnoid hands - is one of the most engaging parts of the film.
- Results-wise, it's difficult to extrapolate from inferred arachnoid motivations to the human mental-state.
- Their words paralyze me like the bite of an arachnoid.
nounBack to top
(also arachnoid membrane) Anatomy A fine, delicate membrane, the middle one of the three membranes or meninges that surround the brain and spinal cord, situated between the dura mater and the pia mater.
- Between the pia and arachnoid membranes is the subarachnoid space, in which the cerebrospinal fluid circulates.
- The lining consists of three layers - dura, arachnoid and pia.
- The surgeon opens the arachnoid membrane dorsal to the seventh and eighth nerves and continues the opening upward to the fourth nerve.
Words that rhyme with arachnoidsphenoid • hominoid
Definition of arachnoid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan