A plant of a very diverse group of trees and shrubs native to America and Asia. Several kinds are cultivated for their foliage and tiny flowers, and some are used in herbal medicine.
- Genus Aralia, family Araliaceae: several species, including the Japanese angelica tree (A. elata)
More example sentences
- She starts by anchoring the arrangement with a single plant that can live year to year and look attractive in every season-a weeping blue Atlas cedar, Japanese aralia, or sago palm, for instance.
- Large patches of the non-native Aralia elata were observed, and discussion followed concerning the importance of the inflorescence in determining species of woody aralias.
- I've seen false aralia before,’ Micah replied.
modern Latin, of unknown origin.
Definition of aralia in:
- The US English dictionary