- A plant of a very diverse group of trees and shrubs native to America and Asia. Several kinds are cultivated for their foliage and tiny flowers, and some are used in herbal medicine.
More example sentences
- Genus Aralia, family Araliaceae: several species, including the Japanese angelica tree (A. elata)
- She starts by anchoring the arrangement with a single plant that can live year to year and look attractive in every season-a weeping blue Atlas cedar, Japanese aralia, or sago palm, for instance.
- Large patches of the non-native Aralia elata were observed, and discussion followed concerning the importance of the inflorescence in determining species of woody aralias.
- I've seen false aralia before,’ Micah replied.
modern Latin, of unknown origin.
More definitions of araliaDefinition of aralia in:
- The US English dictionary